OEM 4 door roofrack for MK4 Golf conversion

jeudi 6 juillet 2017

Im flying away from home for couple weeks over July, and my wife will probably wanted to go paddle boarding.
I cannot expect she to hock-up the trailer (I made that trailer for our kayaks, SUP board, windsurf boards, I can really load it for several days watersports activities and my TDI have no problem towing it at all).
So I got myself quickly a very second hand OEM roof rack, and this what I didn't expect:
- how I mount it I see only now that the distance between the front and the rear bar is very short, probably way less then a 1/4 of the 12' SUP board. Strapping the board this short ...Im not sure this is a good idea, but oh well, she won't have an issue driving slow this 25 kilometers to our favorite lake.
- the dual notches (or whatever to call them) cannot move the roof ditch is pre-made.
- I would like to see how can I make the rear door clamp conversion to no door clamp, if possible anyhow.
I see from some online images the 2 door rack rear towers clamping below the rear window rubber seal, that is not good neither, because I have the rear doors,
but somehow to clamp below the roof edge seal....I have max 5 days to go ;\
Anybody saw-or-did something like that?


OEM 4 door roofrack for MK4 Golf conversion

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor