Good afternoon
I hope you won't mind me posting this question here, but I understand that the 2007 (pre-facelift) Octy II and the Mk 5 Golf are pretty close systems-wise "under the skin" !
Up until a few days ago I unlocked and locked the car with the remote fob with no problem. However, ever since then, I can sometimes lock the doors remotely - occasionally the driver's door lock does not lock but the rest do lock - but I can never unlock any of the doors remotely.
When I then unlock the door with the key, I can only get the driver's door to open, and then I have to put the key in the ignition and turn it ON, and then I can unlock the doors with the central console button.
OTOH. when sitting in the car, I can lock/unlock all the doors with the central console buttons and so the actual locks appear to be receiving the relevant bus control signals and are working - or does pressing the console switch just supply/remove power directly to the doors, and so the control unit is bypassed?.
OTOH2, Ran a VCDS test (and also a test with a handheld code reader) and most things are working (apart from a couple of minor - presumably unrelated - functions such as an intermittent interior sensor and the open-circuit driver's door mirror heater circuit which have been like that for the last couple of years), but I was getting "No response" from Controller 35 under VCDS and "Link Failure" for the same controller with the code reader, which, I think, points to the Central Locking controller.
I have now changed the fob battery (the old one still had 3V in it), and checked that the central locking fuse in the passenger fuse box is OK.
The only other thing I can think of which might have affected the situation is that I sprayed white grease into the exterior apertures of the driver's door lock about 2 weeks ago - that's about 10 days before this problem cropped up.
Therefore I would be very grateful into any insights into what might have happened, and especially on how to fix it!
Thanks in advance.
I hope you won't mind me posting this question here, but I understand that the 2007 (pre-facelift) Octy II and the Mk 5 Golf are pretty close systems-wise "under the skin" !
Up until a few days ago I unlocked and locked the car with the remote fob with no problem. However, ever since then, I can sometimes lock the doors remotely - occasionally the driver's door lock does not lock but the rest do lock - but I can never unlock any of the doors remotely.
When I then unlock the door with the key, I can only get the driver's door to open, and then I have to put the key in the ignition and turn it ON, and then I can unlock the doors with the central console button.
OTOH. when sitting in the car, I can lock/unlock all the doors with the central console buttons and so the actual locks appear to be receiving the relevant bus control signals and are working - or does pressing the console switch just supply/remove power directly to the doors, and so the control unit is bypassed?.
OTOH2, Ran a VCDS test (and also a test with a handheld code reader) and most things are working (apart from a couple of minor - presumably unrelated - functions such as an intermittent interior sensor and the open-circuit driver's door mirror heater circuit which have been like that for the last couple of years), but I was getting "No response" from Controller 35 under VCDS and "Link Failure" for the same controller with the code reader, which, I think, points to the Central Locking controller.
I have now changed the fob battery (the old one still had 3V in it), and checked that the central locking fuse in the passenger fuse box is OK.
The only other thing I can think of which might have affected the situation is that I sprayed white grease into the exterior apertures of the driver's door lock about 2 weeks ago - that's about 10 days before this problem cropped up.
Therefore I would be very grateful into any insights into what might have happened, and especially on how to fix it!
Thanks in advance.
Octavia II Central Locking Problem
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire