Last week I drove my 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon onto a car dolly to tow behind my motorhome. As soon as it rolled on we knew we had a problem with the front bumper barely clearing the front rail of the dolly. But when we took it off, disaster struck as the bumper was pulled loose from the from the front of the car :( For the moment it's being held in place with Gorilla Tape.
Is there a way to improve the clearance on the front bumper so that we can dolly the car? Can it be removed or replaced?
For that matter, is there a way to add a couple of inches clearance to the vehicle? Last year we ran over a rock in the road and ripped open the oil pan. Now that was an expensive and unhappy experience.
I'm not a mechanic, so please keep that in mind when you answer. But I'm willing to go to a mechanic with a plan if it means I can keep our favorite car instead of trading it for something with more clearance that we can tow! After all, it's just a baby at 170,000 miles!
Is there a way to improve the clearance on the front bumper so that we can dolly the car? Can it be removed or replaced?
For that matter, is there a way to add a couple of inches clearance to the vehicle? Last year we ran over a rock in the road and ripped open the oil pan. Now that was an expensive and unhappy experience.
I'm not a mechanic, so please keep that in mind when you answer. But I'm willing to go to a mechanic with a plan if it means I can keep our favorite car instead of trading it for something with more clearance that we can tow! After all, it's just a baby at 170,000 miles!
Front Bumper Clearance Frustration
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire