800 mile club w/ 300k miles and mods

dimanche 9 juillet 2017

I just finished up my trip from sacramento area to Los Angeles area and back where I stopped to get fuel after I hit 801 miles on the tank and clicking over 300,000 miles on the odometer!


For having a big turbo, 225/45 tires on 17's with big brakes, fully sound deadened with a big stereo, loaded down with suitcases, and being slammed on lowering springs, id say that reaching the 800 mile club is pretty impressive. (Including a couple hours of la traffic)

The little golf did struggle quite a bit going through the mountains of the grapevine though. Wasn't able to hold a constant speed on cruise control with the bigger turbo and tall 5th gear, tried setting at 75 and it slowly dropped until 60mph and then I had to downshift to 4th, all while smoking like a freight train.

Still very happy with how this car has lasted and performed over the last 7 years that I've had it. I will be selling it in the next couple weeks and I will be very sad to see it go. I just wanted to write a little post on my last road trip with a Tdi. Its been fun!

-Andrew


800 mile club w/ 300k miles and mods

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor