At around 3k RPM and 60% throttle (I have an OBD sensor and app that tells me that position) It sounds like my turbo's wastegate is flapping. I see the read out for my boost on the app as well and it fluctuates between 11 and 12 PSI. Is that normal? It sounds like sssUUUsssUUUsssUUU. There is no difference in the cars acceleration like a pulling when it seems as if it is letting out and goes back to normal once I let up off the throttle a bit.
Been fixing it up for about 3 months after purchasing from someone who didn't put much care into it. Now that the engine runs smoother and the exhaust is fixed I'm starting to hear all the little noises and just wondering if this is normal behavior.
Note: The owner before the one I bought it from did keep a record of when things were replaced and the turbo has been replaced but I'm not sure what was put in it's place...
Been fixing it up for about 3 months after purchasing from someone who didn't put much care into it. Now that the engine runs smoother and the exhaust is fixed I'm starting to hear all the little noises and just wondering if this is normal behavior.
Note: The owner before the one I bought it from did keep a record of when things were replaced and the turbo has been replaced but I'm not sure what was put in it's place...
Turbo noise
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire