Ticking noise in engine

vendredi 7 juillet 2017

I have an 03 Jetta TDI with 412000km on the clock. Recently, after a short run to a neighbouring town, the engine had a quite loud ticking noise at idle, and noticeable grey exhust smoke. I have inspected oil filter for debris and found none, I cut the fuel to each cylinder and noticed that #2 cylinder seemed to be making the noise. I removed and tested injector nozzles, one had low VOP, all were at the end of service life.
I inspected the intake manifold and EGR valve and found considerable carbon buildup, I removed the manifold and decarboned everything. With new nozzle tips and all reassembled, the noise and smoke is still there. I am wondering if the engine swallowed a wad of the carbon from the intake manifold and maybe bent a con rod or broke a piston skirt??
Has anyone else had a similar experience??


Ticking noise in engine

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor