Good night, I know that this is an heavily discussed topic, but I have some doubts that would like to have answered with some luck by people running actual aftermarket shocks to comment about drive-ability and durability of said suspension mods.
So, my Bora as around 275K km's, and its suspension is feeling very lose/sloppy.
Lower control arms and ball joints have already been replaced.
I dont race my car, but I like to take some curvy roads now and again, so far the stock suspension as impressed me at how much abuse it takes.
I would like to lower my car, but not much, because inspections and police, they dont like that a lot around here, so at most 3cm, so going by that and reviews, I think that the best springs would be the Eibachs Pro Kit(those cost around 180-200).
Now, for shocks I was kinda in love with the Billsteins B8, and was all happy and dandy, but they cost 100 each for the rear and 160-180 for each front, when I first started to price then I though that was for a pair and not each.. lol :(
So, doing another round, people kinda talk good things about the Koni's STR.T, those cost 50 for each rear and 60-70 for each front, so, half the price, but I find lots of reviews and youtube videos where people receive one or two dead out of the box, and that they might only last one year, thats a bit of a short lifetime..
Other options being the Koni Red's, but those cost about the same as the B8's.
And then there is the fact that I want to swap my rear bushings for the Skoda VRs ones, and use the top strut mounts for the Cupra that are a bit more rigid than stock ones, plus rear shock "mounts", and stoppers/dust guards if the ones that I get dont have those.
All in all thats another 120-180 in plastic/rubber.
Going the Billstein route gets over 650, thats a lot of money that I cant really really justify(well, I can, but it hurts those being so expensive).
I understand that there must be a reason for the STR.T's to be so much cheaper than the B8's, but are they THAT bad?
Or other options maybe?
No coilovers, those are immediate car impound and I wont ever buy 4 coilovers from JOM or whatever for 200-300, because they must suck given the price, good coilovers will be even more expensive than B8's and springs so, out of equation.
Suggestions, real life experience, ideas, anything is welcomed.
Best regards.
So, my Bora as around 275K km's, and its suspension is feeling very lose/sloppy.
Lower control arms and ball joints have already been replaced.
I dont race my car, but I like to take some curvy roads now and again, so far the stock suspension as impressed me at how much abuse it takes.
I would like to lower my car, but not much, because inspections and police, they dont like that a lot around here, so at most 3cm, so going by that and reviews, I think that the best springs would be the Eibachs Pro Kit(those cost around 180-200).
Now, for shocks I was kinda in love with the Billsteins B8, and was all happy and dandy, but they cost 100 each for the rear and 160-180 for each front, when I first started to price then I though that was for a pair and not each.. lol :(
So, doing another round, people kinda talk good things about the Koni's STR.T, those cost 50 for each rear and 60-70 for each front, so, half the price, but I find lots of reviews and youtube videos where people receive one or two dead out of the box, and that they might only last one year, thats a bit of a short lifetime..
Other options being the Koni Red's, but those cost about the same as the B8's.
And then there is the fact that I want to swap my rear bushings for the Skoda VRs ones, and use the top strut mounts for the Cupra that are a bit more rigid than stock ones, plus rear shock "mounts", and stoppers/dust guards if the ones that I get dont have those.
All in all thats another 120-180 in plastic/rubber.
Going the Billstein route gets over 650, thats a lot of money that I cant really really justify(well, I can, but it hurts those being so expensive).
I understand that there must be a reason for the STR.T's to be so much cheaper than the B8's, but are they THAT bad?
Or other options maybe?
No coilovers, those are immediate car impound and I wont ever buy 4 coilovers from JOM or whatever for 200-300, because they must suck given the price, good coilovers will be even more expensive than B8's and springs so, out of equation.
Suggestions, real life experience, ideas, anything is welcomed.
Best regards.
Thoughts about upgrading Jetta/Bora suspension
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire