Hello TDIClub,
I am the owner of a 2011 Jetta SportWagen TDI with just over 100,000 miles. I live in Syracuse, NY, which, as of just a few days ago, finally started allowing rideshare companies (Uber, Lyft, etc.), to operate in the city. I was hoping to drive my SportWagen for Lyft, basically driving it into the ground without the worry of maintenance costs down the road, since I will be turning it in to VW as part of the buyback program. Unfortunately, a dent in my rear bumper may prevent me from passing the Lyft inspection.
The damage occurred on the California mountain property of a friend's parents. None of their workers/tenants/visitors fessed up, and they did not offer to help pay for the damage. They went so far as to single out one tenant as the likely culprit, who was described as a "drunk" and "a liar," but to my knowledge, never questioned him or held him accountable in any way. I filed a claim with my insurance, but ultimately canceled it, since I knew I'd be turning in the vehicle eventually, and the deductible was more than I wanted to spend for what was ultimately cosmetic damage. Now that I have new insurance in a new state, that damage is pre-existing and not covered.
Now that I want to drive for Lyft, that damage stands between me and an income as a driver. I've alerted said friend/his family that I'm getting an estimate and will expect them to chip in. My questions for the forum are:
1. Is my plan to rideshare the vehicle to death (within reason), turning it in either when it croaks or when Dec 2018 rolls around (whichever comes first), a sound one? And if so,
2. How do I get this bumper replaced as cheaply and quickly as possible? I have no experience whatsoever with junkyards, but that seems like the best bet.
Many thanks in advance,
-Danny
images: http://ift.tt/2t9VuVn
I am the owner of a 2011 Jetta SportWagen TDI with just over 100,000 miles. I live in Syracuse, NY, which, as of just a few days ago, finally started allowing rideshare companies (Uber, Lyft, etc.), to operate in the city. I was hoping to drive my SportWagen for Lyft, basically driving it into the ground without the worry of maintenance costs down the road, since I will be turning it in to VW as part of the buyback program. Unfortunately, a dent in my rear bumper may prevent me from passing the Lyft inspection.
The damage occurred on the California mountain property of a friend's parents. None of their workers/tenants/visitors fessed up, and they did not offer to help pay for the damage. They went so far as to single out one tenant as the likely culprit, who was described as a "drunk" and "a liar," but to my knowledge, never questioned him or held him accountable in any way. I filed a claim with my insurance, but ultimately canceled it, since I knew I'd be turning in the vehicle eventually, and the deductible was more than I wanted to spend for what was ultimately cosmetic damage. Now that I have new insurance in a new state, that damage is pre-existing and not covered.
Now that I want to drive for Lyft, that damage stands between me and an income as a driver. I've alerted said friend/his family that I'm getting an estimate and will expect them to chip in. My questions for the forum are:
1. Is my plan to rideshare the vehicle to death (within reason), turning it in either when it croaks or when Dec 2018 rolls around (whichever comes first), a sound one? And if so,
2. How do I get this bumper replaced as cheaply and quickly as possible? I have no experience whatsoever with junkyards, but that seems like the best bet.
Many thanks in advance,
-Danny
images: http://ift.tt/2t9VuVn
Sportwagen Bumper Damage & Lyft Driving
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire