MORE PICTURES TO COME SOON
I made an easily removable manually-controlled fan switch rather than tap into or tamper with the factory harness.
Stuff needed:
*fan motor plug (clipped off a car at the pick and pull rather than lopping it off my perfectly good harness)
*Relay (I used one I had left over from my Hella driving light setup on my Grand Cherokee before I tapped it into the factory foglight harness)
*Relay socket (also left over from the Hella driving light kit, but easily available online for pennies)
*Female connectors
*Eyelet connectors
*two-pin switch
*Wire (You can do it with one color if you really feel like it, but multiple colors to easily ID what goes where is much easier)
*Solder/soldering iron
*Heat-shrink
*Crimping/stripping tool
*In-line fuse holder ($5 at Napa)
Relay diagram followed:

I grounded the fan plug to the main ground under the battery tray, extending the lead and soldering it to the brown wire on the plug. Took the hot lead for high speed and ran it to the relay (Pin 87), and trimmed the low speed lead and capped it. Pin 86 was jumped to pin 30, and a fused lead run from the relay to battery hot. Pin 85 was run into the cabin, and grounded to the firewall.
Fan plug (notice the middle wire is cut short and capped):

Relay (one ground coming out goes to the main chassis ground under the battery, the other ground leads through the firewall to the switch. The fused hot wire goes to the battery hot):

Optional: I haven't done this yet, but I planned on making the entire setup removable in seconds with weatherproof connectors. I only want the manual control for autocross (my CL has no AC so I can't trick the fan into coming on) and this avoids hacking the existing harness so I can just unplug the manual setup and plug the factory harness back in and the vehicle will behave as normal.
I made an easily removable manually-controlled fan switch rather than tap into or tamper with the factory harness.
Stuff needed:
*fan motor plug (clipped off a car at the pick and pull rather than lopping it off my perfectly good harness)
*Relay (I used one I had left over from my Hella driving light setup on my Grand Cherokee before I tapped it into the factory foglight harness)
*Relay socket (also left over from the Hella driving light kit, but easily available online for pennies)
*Female connectors
*Eyelet connectors
*two-pin switch
*Wire (You can do it with one color if you really feel like it, but multiple colors to easily ID what goes where is much easier)
*Solder/soldering iron
*Heat-shrink
*Crimping/stripping tool
*In-line fuse holder ($5 at Napa)
Relay diagram followed:
I grounded the fan plug to the main ground under the battery tray, extending the lead and soldering it to the brown wire on the plug. Took the hot lead for high speed and ran it to the relay (Pin 87), and trimmed the low speed lead and capped it. Pin 86 was jumped to pin 30, and a fused lead run from the relay to battery hot. Pin 85 was run into the cabin, and grounded to the firewall.
Fan plug (notice the middle wire is cut short and capped):
Relay (one ground coming out goes to the main chassis ground under the battery, the other ground leads through the firewall to the switch. The fused hot wire goes to the battery hot):
Optional: I haven't done this yet, but I planned on making the entire setup removable in seconds with weatherproof connectors. I only want the manual control for autocross (my CL has no AC so I can't trick the fan into coming on) and this avoids hacking the existing harness so I can just unplug the manual setup and plug the factory harness back in and the vehicle will behave as normal.
Manual fan control bypass harness DIY
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire