Can a bad valve cover gasket cause a boost regulation fault code?

dimanche 9 juillet 2017

So I have been getting limp mode the last few months along with a CEL. It was once in a while at first. But it's been getting more and more regular to the point that I had to start looking in to it.
Pulled the code. Don't remember the code just now but it was the boost regulation implausible signal or something like that. The one that you get when you have a boost leak.
So when I pressurize the system, I can hear what sounds like a large leak somewhere around the area of the timing belt or the intake near butterfly valve.
I felt around the area but could not feel any air escaping.
Then I decided to remove and cap the crank case vent line between the plastic inlet line to the turbo and the valve cover.
When I applied air again, no more air leak sound in the above discribed area.
So I am thinking maybe the valve cover gasket needs to be replaced.
Could a bad valve cover gasket be causing my boost regulation error code?
I'm going to replace the valve cover gasket anyway because I have a bit of an oil leak and I think it's from the VC. Just thought I would ask if anyone knew if it could cause the error..


Can a bad valve cover gasket cause a boost regulation fault code?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor