A/C not working in 2011 Golf

mardi 25 juillet 2017

So I bought a used 2011 VW Golf TDI at a dealership here in Edmonton In October 2016. I couldn't tell then, but I don't think the A/C was working properly, even though their inspection sheet showed a vent temp of 7 degrees Celsius.

So this spring I started to notice it definitely wasn't working. I took it to a shop that works on lots of German Auto's, and they suggested an A/C recharge. At the end of the day they called to inform me that my Refrigerant charge was fine, but that they believe the compressor wasn't working. They Recharged the system, checked for codes, said they had power coming from the harness going to the compressor, but that the compressor was not compressing. They said they tried to use an external power source to kick the compressor in, but to no avail.
They only charged me $108 for 30 minutes of Troubleshooting, and gave me a quote to replace the compressor at $1150:mad:!!

Despite all my doubts that such a new(ish) vehicle could have a failed compressor, I found a local A/C shop to change my compressor for about $600.

Long story short, the new Compressor didn't change anything and his findings contradict the other shop. He said he can get the A/C to work if he puts 12V to the compressor solenoid, but nothing coming from the harness. So an open in the harness I'm assuming?

What really grinds my gears is that Neither of these shops seems to understand that my compressor (a Delphi) is a Variable displacement compressor with NO Magnetic Clutch. A faulty control solenoid is ruled out since a new compressor comes with one. But can anyone help me understand a) How the solenoid changes the displacement of the compressor (with the swashplate) and b) how the ECM controls the compressor? Is it PWM? Is there a Relay I should check?

Thanks


A/C not working in 2011 Golf

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor