2004 BEW Started Ticking

mercredi 26 juillet 2017

For some reason, my 2004 TDI with BEW engine started making a fairly noticeable ticking sound, and I believe a strange exhaust sound. Only unusual thing that happened is I didn't drive it for two days.

It sounded bad enough that I was deciding what new car to get. However, after ten minutes it sounded completely normal.

Does this engine have hydraulic lifters? My guess is a lifter was a bit sticky, but then it sorted itself out as the engine warmed up.

What else could it be? I inspected the cam about a year ago, and it was perfect, so I doubt it's the cam. I've always used either 505.01 oil or Rotella T6, and always 5w40, never 5w30. Besides, a cam wouldn't heal itself in ten minutes.

Chunk of carbon in the valves? 11 months ago I cleaned the intake when I replaced the turbo, and I have no EGR now, so I wouldn't think there should be much carbon floating around anywhere (unless inside the combustion chamber).

:confused:


2004 BEW Started Ticking

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor