My steering rack has a weird issue: every time I drive over a bump at 5-25 mph it makes a clunk, as metal hits metal, only on the left side. I was able to identify the issue, as I had to replace the left inner and outer tie rod. After removing the inner tie rod, I've noticed there is vertical play in the rack, and that is what is causing the annoying clunk. Is there anything that I can do to eliminate the vertical play, or I need to replace the rack?Anyone here had to deal with this issue?
I've read quite a bit online about replacing it, I see Gen 1-3 racks, my question is: can I just replace it with a steering rack from a same year Jetta tdi as mine (06)? My part number is 1K1909144L.
I've read quite a bit online about replacing it, I see Gen 1-3 racks, my question is: can I just replace it with a steering rack from a same year Jetta tdi as mine (06)? My part number is 1K1909144L.
Steering rack
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire