Has anyone changed-out the AC Compressor Pulley Bearing? (ALH engine)
As you may know, the bearing is pressed in and the pulley housing is peened in numerous places around the circumference of the bearing (no circlip is used). I was able to cut each peen with a Dremel Disk grinder. It was fairly easy to press out once I cut/ground away all the peens.
So, my question is, will the bearing hold by simply pressing it in? The peened spots I cut/ground off are still fairly tight as they left distinct marks on the outer circumference of the outer bearing shell. Or, should I attempt to do about four peens with a sharp chisel?
Yeah, I should have purchased the complete assembly or a new compressor. But, now at this point, I'm running out of time for our planned road trip departure date of 7/8/17 or hopefully sooner.:D
Sorry, no pics ...
Thoughts?
As you may know, the bearing is pressed in and the pulley housing is peened in numerous places around the circumference of the bearing (no circlip is used). I was able to cut each peen with a Dremel Disk grinder. It was fairly easy to press out once I cut/ground away all the peens.
So, my question is, will the bearing hold by simply pressing it in? The peened spots I cut/ground off are still fairly tight as they left distinct marks on the outer circumference of the outer bearing shell. Or, should I attempt to do about four peens with a sharp chisel?
Yeah, I should have purchased the complete assembly or a new compressor. But, now at this point, I'm running out of time for our planned road trip departure date of 7/8/17 or hopefully sooner.:D
Sorry, no pics ...
Thoughts?
AC Compressor Pulley Bearing
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire